A total of thirty (32) credits as follows:
Required courses or the equivalent substitute. (28 credits):
- Business 641: Seminar in Financial Accounting Theory and Research.
- Business 643: Seminar in Accounting Control.
- Business 644: Accounting for Governmental and Not-for-Profit Entities.
- Business 645: Taxation of Business Organizations.
- Business 646: Consolidations and Advanced Accounting Topics.
- Business 647: Legal and Regulatory Environment of Business.
- Business 648: Systems Auditing.
Elective course. (4 credits) One 500- or 600-level course in the Department of Business.
If students have sufficient accounting courses to take the CPA examination or equivalent professional examination (e.g., CMA examination, CFA examination), they may choose up to 4 credits of BUS 675: Professional Development and Exam Preparation.
Changes in Degree Requirements
A student may satisfy the requirements for an M.S. in Accounting degree as described in any catalogue that has been in effect during the student’s enrollment in the M.S. program. Students readmitted to Rhodes may graduate under requirements in effect during the original period of enrollment or by following a program incorporating features of the current and the earlier degree requirements and approved by the Graduate Committee. For students electing to graduate under earlier degree requirements, there is no guarantee that the courses specified in those requirements will be offered.