A total of six courses (24 credits) as follows:
- The German Studies minor begins from the point of student’s German language course placement. No course below a student’s language course placement can be counted towards the German Studies minor.
- Student must complete German 301 and 302.
- Students initially placing into 102 or higher must complete German 320 or 321.
- German 301 or 302 must be taken before any other 300-level course is attempted but may be taken concurrently with other 300-level courses.
- German 305 taken abroad may be substituted for either 301 or 302, but not both.
- Students may include one German Studies course taught in English (221, 240-248, or any course with a GRST elective attribute).
Minors are strongly encouraged to participate in an approved summer German immersion or study abroad program. See minor adviser for details.