A total of thirty-six (36) credits above Russian 201 as follows:
- Russian 202. Intermediate Russian
- Russian 205: The Russian Religious Mind; and either Russian 212: Prophets, Princesses, and Revolutionaries or Russian 300: Dostoevsky
- Two courses from Russian 301, 302, 309 (All advanced Russian)
- Russian 410: Analytical Reading, Russian 486: Senior seminar
- Russian 285: Putin’s Russia and the Media and ML280: Introduction into General Linguistics
Majors are encouraged to spend at least one semester studying in Russia.